To give a feeling of being on safari, yet with a cool ocean breeze, the Lodge offers nine thatch covered tents nestled in a forest like environment. Each tent is equipped with a king sized or two large single Zanzibari beds and en suite showers and bathrooms, writing desk and chair, ceiling fan, mini library, and mosquito net. The veranda provides views of the lush garden and a place to have a cool drink.
Our newest accommodation, the “family tents” are perfect for a family of four to six. These spacious tents are located close together and joined by a patio. Each is equipped with one double bed, one single bed and plenty of room for an additional bed if needed. They are spacious, with makuti roofs, en suite bathrooms and ceiling fans to provide a breeze.
For larger groups or families, the Lodge offers a spacious four-bedroom, three-bath Swahili style house with ocean views. The house has a vast open veranda and is the perfect place to relax after a day at the beach or pool. This facility is also available for workshops and retreats.
SAVANNAH TENTS (2 TENTS AVAILABLE):
Luxury safari tents equipped with en suite showers and toilets, Zanzibari Beds, parquet floors, veranda.
SELOUS TENTS (5 TENTS AVAILABLE):
Only slightly smaller than the Savannah Tents, en-suite showers and toilets, Zanzibari Beds, veranda.
FAMILY TENTS (2 TENTS AVAILABLE):
Our newest accommodations, perfect for a family of three to six. Two spacious tents conjoined with a shared patio can hold two extra beds each. En suite showers, toilets and ceiling fans.
A spacious four-bedroom, three-bath house, with veranda overlooking the sea. Small, fully equipped kitchen. Sleeps eight. Minimum four adult guests.
• Wireless Internet available in reception only ($ 5 per device per day).
• 50% room holding deposit required.
• VISA and Master Card credit cards accepted against 5% fee. Sorry, we do not accept traveler’s checks.
• Driver accommodation available – $10 per night (no food).
• Mkoma Bay is not liable for any theft or damage to guests’ property. Please have insurance for personal items and medical evacuation.
• Prices are in US dollars ($) and valid through December 15, 2017, but may change due to fluctuation in exchange rates. Other currencies accepted: EURO, Tanzanian Shillings
• BB –bed &breakfast, HB –breakfast & dinner
• Children 4-11 sharing – 50% of adult rate, occupying own room – 75 % of adult rate